Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cakes and Desserts - Rainbows and Racecars

My middle child's 3rd birthday is in two weeks, so I need to get planning!! He loves rainbows so I wanted to do the inside of his cake like this:

image found here

More frosting like above or less like this one?
found here

*****
But the theme of the party is race cars.
So I need to do the top something like this:

found here

Race car birthday cake with candles lit
found here

found here

Love the simplicity of these two cakes:

found here

found here

Or I could do an open rainbow cake with a racecar on top:

found here

 Or this theme was mixed beautifully here:
(minus the wiggles theme)
found here

And of course I will have to do a colorful candy buffet to match!!
found here

found here

found here


  found here

found here

So many fun ideas - so little time - wish me luck :)
I can't wait to post all of our pictures from the party - I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Alissabeth said...

Oh my! Sugar high coming soon! :-)

I really like the idea of the colored layers (although that is alot of work!). The one seems like it doesn't have enough frosting, but the other too much. Maybe you should hack a little more off the cake layer and add a little more frosting! :-)

Can't wait to see the pictures!