Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainbow Car Birthday


My son turned 3 this summer, and he loves rainbows and cars - so we mixed the two together for his birthday theme.  It was a lot of fun, I love colorful birthdays!


My boys and I dipped pretzels and oreos and white chocolate and added sprinkles.  I dipped vintage soda bottles in chocolate and added sprinkles (see tutorial below)



The rainbow cake turned out great!  It's kind of a fun surprise because you don't know what it is going to look like until you finally cut into it at the party.  They take all day to make and feed a TON of people, but they are fun to make and eat :)




Chocolate dipped sprinkle cups tutorial (SUPER easy!)


I grabbed some vintage glasses and soda bottles out of my china hutch and cleaned them.
Then melt your melting chocolate until it is completely smooth.   Dip your cup in just at the rim, for a thin layer of chocolate.



Before the chocolate dries/hardens sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles.

No comments: